Friday, March 30, 2012

More God

Last weekend I went to a college/early career worship night.I got to catch up with some friends I hadn't seen in a long time.

You know when you're watching your favorite tv show that starts at 8 and it's like 8:50. The show is just starting to get really interesting. Then it ends and your left with wanting more.

This is exactly how I felt during that worship service. It was joyfully intense and a little saddening after it ended. The work week came and I found myself doing my daily routine: devotion, prayer, etc. I struggled with feeling satisfied. I began to pray, but I still wasn't satisfied. So I did some reading and sat in silent thought. I 're-realized' something you probably may have heard before. God satisfies us, He is the only Living Water that can.

John 4:14 says, "but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

So why wasn't I satisfied? Looking back to that night of worship feeling satisfied, what changed?
In that moment during worship I wanted more God. During the week I was doing my routine just to do it. With the big move out of my house this weekend, I was more focused on that then my time with God.
So how can I get more God?
Well the good thing is God is everywhere so we can get Him anywhere.
Devote more time to Him.
Like some of the past blog posts suggest: Give more, have a better attitude, bring God into daily things, take Him with you everywhere.

I think being more aware of God and focusing on glorifying Him even when it's hard to focus, will help you find more satisfaction. It will leave you always wanting more of Him.

I wanted to clarify what satisfaction means to me. Satisfaction means, "The fulfillment or gratification of a desire, need, or appetite." In my life I am the most satisfied when I am left wanting more of God

So my question for you:
Are you satisfied?

No comments:

Post a Comment